The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) n° 2016/679 dated April 27th, 2016 became effective on May 25th last year, also modifying law n°78-17 of January 6th, 1978 relative to information technology, data files and liberties.
Leadformance, a subsidiary of the Solocal group, decided a long time ago to ensure the protection of personal data and incorporated this in its governance.
In the framework of our services to our Clients on the BRIDGE platform and the Store Locators and as a subcontractor in terms of processing personal data, we have listed below the measures that we recommend you implement on the platform in order to comply with the new regulation.
To respect your obligations of information and transparency relative to the persons concerned by the processing of personal data on your Store Locator, we recommend that, as data controller, you put the following on your Store Locator:
- “Data Protection” and “Cookie Information” pages
- an information notice informing the persons concerned of the processing of their personal data at the bottom of each form available on your Store Locator (contact forms, contact detail request form and newsletter registration forms).
- information for the persons concerned at the bottom of each email sent to prospects (emails confirming that contact requests have been received and emails with a personal response following a contact request).
As regards the period that prospects’ personal data is kept on the BRIDGE platform:
Our platform allows the anonymisation of prospects’ personal data in compliance with the GDPR at the end of the conservation period you have set. We recommend the following conservation periods:
- 13 months from the prospect’s last traced activity (contact request form, email in response sent by the prospect)
- 3 months from reception of an email from the prospect subscribing to a newsletter.
To help you comply with your obligations as a data controller, you can contact the Support Team to find the standard documents (Personal Data Protection Policy, Cookie Info Page, Information Notices) that you can put on line on your Store Locator. If you use these, you will first have to adapt and fill in the documents/notices for the specificities of your Store Locator and the personal data processing that you implement on it and on the BRIDGE platform.
If you want to check and/or bring your Store Locator into compliance with the GDPR, contact the Support Team
For any questions relative to personal data protection, you can write to us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.