Aim: to inform internet users visiting your Store Locator of the purposes of the cookies used on the Store Locator and to get their consent for the use of any non-technical cookies deposited on their computer.
Before cookies are deposited or read, internet users must be informed of the following by the data controller via a cookies banner:
- the specific purposes of the cookies (technical reasons, audience measurement, advertising purposes, for example);
- that they can accept or oppose non-technical cookies, access the Cookie Information page by clicking on a “Find out more” link and change their consent by clicking on a “Find out more” link;
- that continuing to browse (by scrolling or clicking) implies agreement to cookies being downloaded on to their device.
The CNIL (French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties) imposes the following:
- the period of validity of consent from the time the cookie is downloaded is 13 months maximum.
- once the period has expired, internet users’ consent must be collected again. Consequently, cookies must have a life limited to thirteen months after initial download onto the user’s device (after consent). Their life must not be extended during subsequent visits to the site.
Leadformance has developed a generic cookies banner that clients can adapt according to the cookies deposited on their Store Locator.
If you want to set up a cookies banner on your Store Locator, contact the Support team