Before you begin:
Before you begin, make sure you've read: Locations import file format
In the "Locations" tab in the left side menu, click on "Import location".
Locations can be imported in 3 steps:
- Upload your file
- Match the data
- Preview and start the import
1. Upload your file
Download import template
On the first step of the import, you can download an import file model. An adapted file model will help you to prepare your data import file correctly. The column titles will then be easily recognized by BRIDGE. You can include your own data in this file or use it to adapt your existing file.
Upload your import file
Deposit your locations import file by only clicking on the "Pick a file on my computer" link
To update your locations via the import, you must include :
- the BridgeID column (which is the unique BRIDGE identifier for each locations)
- or the CustomID column (if this data is set, the CustomID is your unique identifier for each locations).
Using this method, your locations will be well identified and updated during the import.
2. Match the data
- Set the connections between the columns of your import file and BRIDGE’s data fields.
Run through your data using the right and left arrows in the "Your data" column and select the corresponding BRIDGE field using the drop-down lists.
BRIDGE can recognize certain connections automatically.
- Make sure that all of your data is correctly linked to BRIDGE then click on "Next" to go to the last import step.
3. Preview and start the import
Preview the impact of your import on your existing BRIDGE data to see which locations will be created, modified, unchanged or rejected.
If the impact of the import on your data seems correct, launch it by clicking on "Start import".