The store locator search engine allows your users to easily find locations. The search engine is composed of:
- Search by keywords (city or Postal Code)
- Search filters
Search by keywords (city or Postal Code)
Search in 3 steps :
- The search engine geocodes the user query to find matching GPS coordinates.
- These GPS coordinates are used to display nearby locations within a given geographical radius (50 kilometers by default). Locations are then displayed by proximity from the calculated GPS coordinates.
- If the user query can not be geocoded, the search engine will proceed a full text search of the user query on the "name" and "city" location attributes in your database.
Note that :
- the search radius is by default 50km; this radius can be modified according to your needs.
- if the geocoding does not return GPS coordinates, the search engine searches the keywords in the "name" and "city" fields of the points of sale in your database.
- the search by department code is not supported by the search engine. However, these searches are anecdotal because less than 1% of the visits on the Store Locator involve a search by department code.
BRIDGE uses the internet browser geolocation feature to display the nearest locations from the user position, within a given geographical radius.
The user GPS coordinates are given to BRIDGE by the web browser: BRIDGE doesn't directly calculate these coordinates.
The autocomplete allows to quickly suggest relevant search results based on the current user query.
Autocomplete suggestions for a query on "Annecy"
The autocomplete suggests two types of result :
- Local pages
It is possible to refine the search results by adding search filters based on the products, services, and custom data defined in BRIDGE.
Search filter on products
For Search Filters configuration, please ask our support.
Search filters combination logic
The combination of search filters implemented by default is the OR logic. This means that : at least one item (Custom Data, Product, Service) selected among the Store Locator search filters, is available in the Locations of the results list
It is possible (after getting a pricing from our support for the implementation), to switch to AND logic. This means that : all the items (Custom Data, Product, Service) selected among the activated Store Locator search filters, are available in the results list.